1. The Survey and Consultation and International Removal Quote: The first step as with any move is to get in touch with us to arrange your no obligation survey. At this point our removal consultant will assess the contents of your home to determine the resources and materials required to carry out your removal. He will of describe exactly how we would go about your particular move, and course offer advice as to how to keep the costs low, and introduce our currency exchange partner.
2. Once happy with our international removal quote, we will begin to arrange the shipping container to either arrive at your current property for loading, or our depot. At this point, depending on the destination country, there will be a level of documentation to complete. We will arrange this for you, and guide you through the entire process.
3. Having completed the required documentation, we can begin the removal. Our crew will arrive to export wrap and pack your belongings, inventory them, and then being either loading them onto on of our vehicles, to be loaded into the container at our depot, or directly at your property. Where we load the container depends entirely on the access and any restrictions in place at your current address.
4. When loaded, the container is sealed, and delivered to the port, where it is loaded onto a ship for overseas transport to your destination country. If you do require a period of storage between the two properties, we always advise storing with us and backdating the delivery, as the storage holding fees at ports can be extremely high.
5. Once you are ready for delivery, the container will be loaded onto another lorry and delivered to your new address. At this point we will have arranged for one of our affiliates to arrive with the container to fully unload and unwrap your contents, collecting and disposing any excess packing materials.
International shipping containers come in two standard sizes, 20ft long and 40ft long. Naturally, a 20ft container is cheaper to ship than a 40ft container. If the volume of your contents is looking as if it could be on the borderline between a 20ft and a 40ft container, we will advise as to whether you could save costs by slightly minimising the amount that you are taking with you.